The Reading Together Programme is based around parents/caregivers actively being involved in their child’s reading at home. We do this because we know that one of the things that help children to become good readers, is support from home.
It provides support workshops on how you can help your child with their reading. Each workshop is just over an hour long, and there are four in total. The goal is to provide you with a variety of strategies to engage your child in reading and, as such, all workshops are hands-on.
I am confident that you will find it a very rewarding experience and something you will cherish forever. What better way to help your child than to succeed in reading and their learning.
Information about the programme:
- Workshops are held in our school staffroom.
- Your child needs to be with you here for the second session.
- Your child is welcome to be here at school every session and we run a crèche for any younger children you may need to bring with you or you are welcome to keep them with you in the sessions.
- We provide a free supper and finger food at every session.
Note: If you sign up, you and your child are expected to attend all 4 sessions in the term.
We have run Reading Together workshops for several years and the response and feedback from parents who have attended has been incredibly positive. A newsletter will be put out shortly before the workshops begin. Do sign up when the newsletter comes as it’s fun and really worthwhile, and spaces are limited.
– Jenny Bickerton, Deputy Principal